Soak raw almonds overnight for your daily share of nutrition!
If you love eating almonds raw and hate the idea of soaking it overnight, then it’s time to put in that little extra effort. It’s not only about taste but more about picking the healthier option when choosing between soaked almonds and raw almonds.
Why soaked almonds are better? Many are unaware that the brown peel of almonds contains tannin, which inhibits nutrient absorption. Once the almonds are soaked, the peel comes off easily, allowing the nuts to release nutrients.
Soaked almonds also help with digestion. It releases the enzyme lipase, which is beneficial for fat digestion. What’s more? Almonds also help in weight loss. They contain monounsaturated fats that curb your appetite and make you feel full.
Soaked almonds are a good source of antioxidants too. It resists free radical damage and prevents ageing. Soaked almonds contain Vitamin B17 and folic acid that are vital for fighting cancer and reducing birth defects, another reason worth putting in a little effort. So make a habit, Soak raw almonds overnight for your daily share of nutrition!
Benefits of soaked raw almonds:
1. Help with digestion – Soaking raw almonds helps in releasing enzymes which in turn help with digestion. Soaking almonds releases enzyme lipase which is beneficial for digestion of fats.
2. Help with weight-loss – The monounsaturated fats in almonds curb your appetite and keep you full. So feel free to snack on them because they’ll help you avoid binge-eating and trigger weight-loss.
3. Almonds keep your heart healthy, reduce bad cholesterol (low density lipoprotein) and increase good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein).
4. They are a good source of antioxidants: Vitamin E present in soaked raw almonds works as an antioxidant which inhibits free radical damage that prevents ageing and inflammation.
5. Fight Cancer: Soaked raw almonds contain Vitamin B17 which is vital for fighting cancer.
6. Flavonoid present in almonds suppresses tumor growth.
7. Help in lowering and maintaining glucose levels and regulating high blood pressure. (Eat nuts to control blood sugar and fat)
8. Soaked raw almonds contain folic acid which reduces birth defects.
Weight Loss Benefits Of Almonds – Lose Weight Recipe